Saturday, February 26, 2011

Selling Out Doesn't Pay Off

One of the big challenges in running a newsblog is income.  To be frank, if I don't figure out a way to eat while doing what I love, I will have to get a real life job and devote less time to informing you schmucks about what's going on in the world today. 

A couple months back I made the misstep of attempting to make money by using Infolinks as revenue-generating ads.  I've made only $1.50 from it and gotten a bunch of grief from readers for them.

FINE!  They go!  I hate them anyway, they make my classy news source look like a tawdry gossip rag (which it basically is, I'll admit).  I'm keeping the Amazon Associate ads, which I insert by choice whenever I feel that they are appropriate to the article I post.  If you ever think you like the product I showcase, (for instance, see left) then please feel free to purchase it through my blog.  I get a cut and hopefully get to eat.  This way, we get to avoid me prostituting myself by putting a "donate here!!!!" PayPal link. 

1 comment: