Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update: In LGBT Pride Reception, President Believes He's Fulfilled His Commitments

Supposedly the cut feed was due to some technical problems and a lack of ability on the White House's part to stream live (right.  The leader of the free world lives here and you can't fucking Skype?).  Whatever, they've now released video and a transcript, in which Barry O. states (after listing his accomplishments in office)



"So bottom line is, I’ve met my commitments to the LGBT community. I have delivered on what I promised. Now, that doesn’t mean our work is done. There are going to be times where you’re still frustrated with me. (Laughter.) I know there are going to be times where you’re still frustrated at the pace of change. I understand that. I know I can count on you to let me know. (Laughter and applause.) This is not a shy group. (Laughter.)"

He's entirely correct on a couple things: We're still frustrated and we are by no means shy about telling him so.

Video:


No comments:

Post a Comment