Friday, June 10, 2011

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

So there comes a time in every twenty-something's life when he has to sit down and really think about his life, look at his situation, and decide how to make it better. 

IE:  He has to figure out how to stop living on his best friend's couch. 

Well, this week I took steps of that nature of my own.  I needed to find a job, cuz this blog thingy doesn't pay me squat, and I did.  I'm now working for a non-profit combating government subsidies for unhealthy foods. 

While the cause is good and the pay mediocre, I am nervous going forward because of OneAngryQueer.  Telling you hood rats about the news has become my life, and I can't easily give it up.  So I won't.

Will I be able to post as much?  No.  The days of me posting ten times a day without pay are sadly over.  I can't do it.  I need to eat and I need a place to sleep (plus I owe a friend a rather large sum of money), so here I've gone and got myself a job forty hours a week.

Luckily, I'm bringing on a couple new contributors sometime soon, with OneAngryAlly (omg, a straight person on OAQ?!) starting next week.  Also, look forward to new developments during and after Netroots Nation, the blogger's conference that I will be attending starting Tuesday. 

As usual, I remain committed to bringing you the news without the bullshit, and I hope to continue to do so.  Most importantly, I want to thank all of my readers for their continued support.  I wouldn't write it if you didn't read it, and I just can't get by without all of you in my life.  Thank you.  Have a good weekend, and you'll hear from me again on Monday.  :)

xoxo

Ian Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment