Monday, May 16, 2011

Trump, Huckabee Throw In Their Towels

The GOP rat race has gotten one Baptist and one hairpiece smaller, with Mike Huckabee backing out of his presidential bid on Saturday and Trump giving up today.

Dammit, and I was just about to come up with a name for his hair, too...


I notably wrote about Huckabee's admiration for the Seven Mountains Doctrine and am pleased to bid that theocrat goodbye, but I'm a bit disappointed in Donnie-T!  We were looking forward to having the most entertaining Presidential race ever!

"After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

Right, Donnie.  I'm sure that you backing out has nothing to do with the fact that, with the implosion of the birther movement, you've become the laughing stock of both DC AND NYC.


[CNN]

1 comment:

  1. I cant deal with this Man...He need to have a french twist hair do!!!! maybe looks more fashionista!!!!!

    ReplyDelete