Wednesday, May 25, 2011

OneAngryClotheshorse - Glee Season Finale - Rachel's Jacket

Like so many of you, I eagerly tuned in last night to see the finale of Season 2 of Glee. I'm not going to go into the episode itself - it was mostly predictable and largely forgettable, but there was one glaring exception that burned itself into my brain:

I know, Lea. I'm sorry they put you in this thing too. It looks like it hurts.

What...the...fuck? I literally gasped aloud when I saw this thing. I get that Rachel's character wears some pretty bonkers outfits but COME ON, REALLY? This outfit is like the unholy union of Marlo Thomas (That Girl), Mary Tyler Moore, and a roll of lifesavers. It's hard to look that cartoony in live action, but somehow the girl does it. Also, those shoes are HORRIBLE.

Hopefully in season 3 Rachel discovers fashion and moves away from outfits that are as loud and annoying as her character, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kiss kiss,

Wesley Darling

Photo Via

4 comments:

  1. I would totes wear that jacket if I were four inches taller. but def not with those ugly ass shoes or hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes do match some of her dress. And possibly even the bottom stripe, per proper charm school rules.

    What is that white flower halo thing on her head, though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hat was the problem...and I think they were channeling the "That Girl" vibe too.

    ReplyDelete