Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rep. Jack Kingston Didn't Come From Monkeys; Monkeys Are Relieved That They Aren't to Blame For Jack Kingston

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) stated on Friday night's "Real Time With Bill Maher" that he does not believe in evolution:

"'I believe I came from God, not from a monkey so the answer is no,' he said, laughing, when asked if he subscribes to the theory. Later in the segment he added, 'I don't believe that a creature crawled out of the sea and became a human being one day.'"

Jack thinks that it's a lot better to have descended from dirt than from living creatures.

What a coincidence, Jack!  I don't believe a creature crawled out of the sea and became a human being one day-- just as I don't believe that man was created from dust one day.  I believe that man evolved slowly over tens of thousands of years!  As does everyone else who believes in evolution.  Thanks for the misinformation, tho.

Tell you what: instead of trying to make science sound silly, why don't you keep your religious ideas in your church, instead of in your politics?  Your personal life is really none of my business, and I'd like to keep it that way.  Or did the job description of US Rep change to include "Forcing personal ideologies and religious tenets on the American population?"  I'll have to look that up.

Dumbass.

[HuffPo]

No comments:

Post a Comment