Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gun Control is BAD! Unless it's to Protect Congresspeople. Then it's GOOD!

Representative Peter King (R-NY) is the first Republican to break with his party's platform and has introduced legislation restricting firearms within 1000 feet of offices where Congresspeople work.

Gubba gubba!

"'It is imperative that we do all that we can to give law enforcement the tools they need to ensure the safety of New Yorkers and prevent an attack before it happens,' said King, who is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, during a press conference in New York."

He has long been one of the lone voices on the right for additional gun control measures and it's doubtful any gun control measures will pass in the Republican majority House, so it probably won't go anywhere.

I kinda laugh at the measure.  I mean, that would be like me suggesting legislation preventing people from bringing guns within 1000 feet of... my house.  Only my house.  Everywhere else it's okay.  But it's important that everybody agree that I am so important I have to be protected.  Uh, more protected than YOU.

[thePolitico]

No comments:

Post a Comment