Friday, January 7, 2011

McCain Reads the Writing on the Wall

The #1 opponent of Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal threw in the towel today and reversed his opinion, vowing to help the implementation of the bill in any way he can.



"McCain signaled that he had made peace with the lame-duck bill to do away with the military's ban on openly gay and lesbian service members, of which he had been an outspoken critic.

"'I think I have to do everything I can to make sure that the important moral, retention, recruitment, and battle effectiveness of the military is minimized as much as possible,' McCain said on Fox Business. 'It is a law and I have to do whatever I can to help the men and women who are serving particularly in combat cope with this new situation. I will do everything I can to make it work.'"

Gee, thanks, buttwad.  So, all that taxpayer money you wasted fighting progress and a battle you can't win...  Shall we just forget about that whole thing?  Not me! 

I really look forward to the day when old-ass cooters like this guy realize that obstructionist politics are not winning politics.  You think you can bad-mouth the queers, casting aspersions on our patriotism and ability to serve, and THEN suddenly still end up being a good guy?  Fuck off, you.

[Towleroad]

No comments:

Post a Comment