Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Vending Machines Make Reading a 24-hr Possibility

It's 3 AM and you can't sleep!  You need a good book to read but have read everything you own.  Don't you wish the library was open?



In Polk County FL,  they came up with an innovative method of making books accessible to everyone at every hour.


"The machines are similar to Red Box movie rental machines. One of the machines has DVDs in it, and the other has best selling books.

"To check something out, all you need to do is to swipe your library card."

This was made to address the lack of a library in the Four Corners area of Polk County.  I have to say, I wouldn't mind such a convenient method of checking out books in the neighborhood I live in-- I hate having to troll through the stacks in a library to find some light reading.  Perhaps this is a solution to folks-- like myself-- who are used to the instant gratification of the Internet.

[CFNews13.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment