Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Alabama Governor Proselytizes-- The Rest of America Isn't Surprised

Yet more tomfoolery from an newly elected GOP Governor.  During  a speech he gave at a church, he had this to say about his state's non-Christian residents:


Meet America's Newest Douchetard



“But if you have been adopted in God’s family like I have, and like you have, if you’re a Christian and if you’re saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister,” he said.
“Now I will have to say that, if we don’t have the same daddy, we’re not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I’m telling you, you’re not my brother and you’re not my sister, and I want to be your brother.”
What I find REALLY funny is this is a speech given in the church formerly led by the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.  The topic?  Tolerance on the basis of race.  Alabama has come a long way, folks-- they'll tolerate you if you're black, but make a special point of saying not if you're a black muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment