Monday, August 8, 2011

The Bachmanns Are Super Duper Serious, You Guys!

Michele Bachmann is continuing her quest for legitimacy in the rat-race to the White House, once again distancing herself from her previous anti-gay views by clamming up on LGBT issues during a news interview and insisting that she doesn't comment on "frivolous matters," but only the super serious ones!  Okay, lady, I guess your entire career up to this point has been frivolous, as you built your whole platform on anti-gay policy.  But whatevs!



Marcus, on the other hand, is uber concerned about frivolous matters, anxiously inquiring from a reporter what the term "silver fox" means, afraid that it might be a gay term.

"Marcus Bachmann plopped down on the seat next to me, in the back of the plane. He pointed at my laptop and asked if he could take a look. 'All I want to know is what they’re saying about me,' he said. 'Newsweek came up with the word "silver fox." Tell me what "silver fox" means.'



"'Do you want me to tell you honestly?' I asked.

"'Oh, don’t tell me it’s something gay!' he said. 'Because I’ve been called that before.'[...]

"I explained that 'silver fox' probably had more to do with the color of his hair.

"'O.K., I can handle that,' he said. Tera, the assistant, assured him that it was a positive term."

I wish I was the one making this shit up, because it's too goddamn hilarious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment