Friday, August 5, 2011

Rick Perry Thinks God Hates The EPA. Ian Awesome (And God) Put The Smack Down On Ricky Hypocrite

Rick Perry's insane Christians-only prayer rally is being held tomorrow, with lackluster attendance expected, but that isn't stopping him from bleating out nonsense about his personal line to Jesus.



Always willing to protect big business with the Bible, Rick Perry came out today in an interview with CBN stating that he prays for the President every day, but then goes one step further!  He states that, in his belief, God is going to intervene to stop the EPA from preventing the industrial rape of the environment:

"Frankly I pray for the president every day. I pray for his wisdom, I pray that God will open his eyes. I wish this president would turn back the health care law that's been passed, ask that his EPA back down these regulations that are causing businesses to hesitate to spend money...I read my Bible faithfully and every morning try to get up and take that devotional to heart and I don't know what God's got planned for me. For 61 years he's given me good direction. He's put roadblocks up or he's opened up ways for me and so I'm glad I've got a… God's got a great sense of humor, I know that as well so anyway, whatever He has in store for me I look forward to it. I pray for God's guidance."

Listen, I get that you're trying to set up a one-man theocracy (Seven Mountains Dominionism, anyone?), but if you're going to try and demolish the separation of church and state, you should at least get your fucking Scripture right.  

I'm not strictly Judeo-Christian, but I knew enough about the Bible to think that perhaps Rick Perry is a bit misguided regarding its view of stewardship of our planet.  I asked Michael Sebastian Lux, our resident OneAngryCultist, to provide for me a few Bible passages in which God specifically tasks humanity with safeguarding the environment:  

Genesis 1:26. Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 
Lev. 25:23-24. The land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land. 
Ezekiel 34:2-4. Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not the shepherds take care of the flock? You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you did not take care of the flock! You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.

If you have further questions about Scripture's position on environmentalism, click on over to the Christians for Environmental Stewardship. Perry's insistence on basing his political career on Biblical expediency (and then fucking it up) is leading some to wonder if he might not be a dumber Texan than George W. Bush. I have to say, resoundingly, YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment