Thursday, July 21, 2011

Allen West Blames Being A Jackass On Military Background



Allen West is refusing to apologize for his insane, vaguely heteronormative rant that he e-mailed to DNC Chairman Wasserman Schultz, stating that his language stems from his time in the military.  He then signs himself onto the "Maverick meme," saying the gaffe illustrates how he's just not a Washington insider.




Of course, it might not be the best idea for him to remind everyone of his military background, as he was discharged from the military for abusing Iraqis with clear violations of international and US law.

"Funny story, about West's military unit, though. The reason he no longer commands them is that he was forced out of the Army for beating a man in Iraq. After West grew suspicious that an Iraqi policeman was helping terrorists, he ordered his men to abuse the soldier before personally firing his pistol past his head to, well, fearmonger and intimidate the suspect into giving up information. The man was never linked to any attacks and West didn't just own up to his actions, he campaigned on them."

I served in the military as well, and I sometimes do in fact blame my foul mouth on my time spent in that hallowed institution.  Even though respect for all soldiers is paramount as part of the military's creed, we swear like, well, sailors.  

However, I'm not a member of the United States House of Representatives, and when I am (do you doubt it?) I'm probably going to clean up my language.  I know!  Allen West should resign and start blogging instead.  Then you can say whatever the hell you want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment