Friday, September 23, 2011

Rick Santorum Condemns Booing, Contradicts Self

Rick Santorum gave an interview to Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, who is shaping up to be quite an advocate (in weak Faux News terms) for the gay community.  In that interview, he addressed the booing of openly gay soldier Stephen Hill, condemning the act and the people that did it:
I condemn the people who booed that gay soldier. That soldier is serving our country. I thank him for his service to our country. I'm sure he is doing an excellent job. I hope he is safe. I hope he returns safely, and does his mission well. I have to admit I seriously did not hear those boos. Had I heard them, I certainly would have commented on them.


I kind of think his condemnation is a bit contradictory to the issues he stands for.  If that soldier is doing an excellent job and is worth thanking for his service, why should he not be allowed to serve?  Isn't the act of coming out, according to Santorum, in of itself destructive to the military mission?  This only serves to illustrate the fallacies of his argument.

And, Rick?  I suggest you get a hearing aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment