Friday, October 14, 2011

Pics From #OccupyWallStreet, 10/13/2011

Thanks to Michael Sebastian Lux for the images.  I apologize for the poor picture quality, there was very little light in the park.

 10 protesters circle the Sukkah (the right half of the frame) while 5 huddle inside, waiting for police.
 The bright lights are the police moving in on their bikes, which were used as a barricade.  
100-150 demonstrators surround the barricaded arrests.  I am somewhere in that crowd, pointing my laptop at the arrests and giving running commentary to 2500 people who were watching the Livestream of events.
 The police await arrestees.
 An arrestee being loaded, limp and unresisting, into the police vehicle.
 The Sukkah, after being demolished by Park Rangers, is loaded into an official vehicle to be taken away.
I watch the jubilant celebration that erupts once the police leave.

I completely lost my voice in last night's events and am feeling tired and run-down.  I may stay home tonight but wild horses couldn't keep me away from Saturday's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment